Keroro Gunsou

Discuss all of your favourite anime here.

Have you seen Keroro Gunsou

You may select 1 option

View results

Lum
Admin
Admin

Keroro Gunsou

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:15 am

Any Keroro fans here? It's one of my favourite anime for the 2000's and it surprises me how many people don't know about it.
MyAnimeList wrote:Unsuspecting inhabitants of the planet Earth are going about their business, enjoying a bright and particularly beautiful sunny day, when a young Japanese boy spots a shiny object falling from the sky... Has an alien invasion finally begun?

Elsewhere in Japan, Keroro, frog sergeant and leader of the Space Invasion Army Special Tactics Platoon of the 58th Planet in the Gamma Planetary System, has discovered the perfect hideout. He infiltrates the home of the Hinata family in an attempt to establish a headquarters that he and his troops could use to prepare for world domination... but earthlings Fuyuki and Natsumi Hinata are too much for him to handle! Natsumi instinctively calls them out of hiding, leaving the hapless sergeant no option but to reveal his secret identity. The two siblings soon welcome the sergeant to their home, all thanks to Fuyuki’s generos—err... curiosity.

The Sergeant has successfully infiltrated his first target area! Or has he? Join Keroro Gunsou in his dastardly attempt to take over the world!

-https://myanimelist.net/anime/516/Keroro_Gunsou
Keroro Gunsou is a great mix of parody, comedy and sci-fi that is just so random and ridiculous that you won't be able to stop watching it! If you haven't seen it, I recommend you give the first few episodes a chance! It is super underrated! I'm honestly surprised it was never brought to North America like popular anime such as Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc. If you love random ass comedy that is more than often way over the top with interesting characters and interesting story lines that parody popular classic anime, then you'll definitely love Keroro Gunsou! You should also check out the five movies, they are also worth the time! You could watch them without actually seeing the original series, as they are side stories, but you wouldn't know who the characters are or any backstory information, which might take away some enjoyment. The are 358 episodes to the original series, with 5 movies, and there is a 23 episode short flash anime series, but honestly, don't waste your time with the garbage :geek: . I'd focus on the main series and the movies, if you enjoyed it. It's not something you'd have to watch all at once, you would easily watch it on the side when you have nothing else to watch or you're feeling down and need some cheering up.

These are my thoughts on the anime, without going into a lot of detail, as I don't want to spoil anything... You'll have to find out on your own :mrgreen: Overall, I'd give the series an 8.5/10 :ugeek:

So, for those who have watched either some, or all of the series, what were your thoughts and how would you rate it? Would you recommend it as a starter anime?
さだめじゃ

SoLaMi
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Keroro Gunsou

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:56 pm

I love Keroro Gunsou! I haven't watched it in years, but Tamama is definitely my favorite!! :D :D I found the flash series really disappointing 'cuz I thought it was gonna be a sequel or something, but they trashed it and it made my heart sad ):
!

Takagi92
Former Staff
Former Staff
Keroro Gunsou

Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:58 am

I've seen a few episodes, and the first movie, but I just couldn't get into it :?
I am a former moderator of this forum. I don't have much free time anymore and thus I had to retire.