Kimi no Na Wa (Your Name) vs Tenki no Ko (Weathering With You)

Discuss all of your favourite anime here.

Which movie did you like the most?

You may select 1 option

View results

Lum
Admin
Admin

Kimi no Na Wa (Your Name) vs Tenki no Ko (Weathering With You)

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:02 am

For those who have seen both, which of the two movies by Makoto Shinkai, did you enjoy the most, and why?

Personally, though I liked both movies, and I feel they both have their positives, I generally prefer a story to have at least some complexity to it, in the sense that you have to at least think a little. That being said, I enjoyed "Your Name" slightly more for that reason.
Movie Spoiler
Show
I thought it was kind of cool how they were three years apart and swapping bodies. The overall atmosphere, in my opinion was very intriguing. The only real question I had was, they were both leaving notes in a diary on each other's phone, but somehow they never realized the years were different.
"Weathering With You", on the other hand, had great visuals and equally outstanding soundtracks as "Your Name". What I enjoyed the most out of "Weathering With You" wasn't exactly the story line, though don't get me wrong, I did find it interesting, but more so the art style and the character personalities. I really liked Hina and the cat Ame,..
another spoiler
Show
especially the final scene with him when he became really overweight because it reminded me of my old cat. I also enjoyed the cameo appearances of Taki and Mitsuha from "Your Name".
If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend them, though you should watch "Your Name" first. I tried my best to say what I liked about each movie without going into too much detail.

So again, for those of you who have seen both, or even one of them, what did you like or not like about them?
さだめじゃ